21 February 2013

Since January


My blog entries have once again been side tracked. Life gets in the way of writing – writing gets in the way of life. It is a delicate balance. I have actually written quite a few things lately. The newsletter for the dermatologist I work for. Our first quarterly issue will be e-mailed to hundreds of his patients in March. I’ve also been putting bi-weekly posts on his Facebook page, researching various things he is interested in, and doing updates to his web page.  I also wrote a lovely (and very well received) eulogy for my grandmother. She lived to be 105.5 and had a wonderful, full, well loved life. I’ve also been in the throes of polishing, buffing and making beautiful the first chapter of Stars Bright. It has now been submitted to a contest. I don’t really care if I win the contest (though it would be nice), but I’m really hoping for some constructive feedback. I’ve also been gearing up for a pitch session in May and giving my query a going over. This will be my first ever pitch session. Again, it will be a bonus if she requests anything. I’m doing it for the experience and to get my feet firmly on the querying path.

Questions- semi-colon or no semi-colon? The last sentences of the above post I originally wrote:

Again, it will be a bonus if she requests anything; I’m doing it for the experience and to get my feet firmly on the querying path.

Is it better as one long sentence or two?

And just for the fun of it – here’s a picture of my chickens on a snowy day




Happy Writing!